The Livelihood Circle directly funds our Livelihood Programme, supporting young people aged 18-25 from the most impoverished communities in India into stable employment. Magic Bus mentors provide a three-month, activity-based course for these young people, training them in everything from computer skills to interview practice. We then support graduates into job placements with our network of 4,000 corporate partners across India. Last year, we supported 95,000 vulnerable young people into secure livelihoods, with an average starting salary of $200 (national average: $25).
We are launching an ambitious new strategy to expand the Livelihood Programme beyond the twelve states it currently runs in. Continuing with our low-cost, high-reach model of delivering sessions through physical Livelihood Centres and college partnerships, we plan to place 500,000 young people in stable jobs annually by 2027. The Livelihood Circle is crucial to powering this growth.
Livelihood Circle members pledge a minimum gift of £10,000 annually for three years. Together with their fellow members, this will fund the equivalent of over 4,500 young people through the Livelihood Programme.
Discover Minal’s Livelihood Journey
In thanks for this support, Magic Bus UK provides:
– The opportunity to visit a Magic Bus programme in India, to meet the staff and young people you are supporting.
– An annual discussion and Q&A with the Livelihood Programme Director.
– Biannual updates on the progress of the Livelihood Programme from our on-the-ground teams.
– Invitations to exclusive Livelihood Circle events in London, giving you the opportunity to meet your fellow Circle members.
– A dedicated relationship manager, offering you a personal point of contact
– Recognition on the Magic Bus UK web site and in our Annual Review (unless you wish to remain anonymous).
To join the Magic Bus UK Livelihood Circle today, please complete the donate form below. For more information about the Circle, please contact Caroline at [email protected]